Friday, April 17, 2009

New Casa in Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico





Hola!
I thought I'd share some photos of our new adventure. It will be up for rent or we'll swap time in other beautiful places (I guess we better wait until we close next month though). The Yucatan is one of the safest states in Mexico and there are tons of expats down there. Within the two blocks of our house there are 8 American owners, 4 of them are Texans. I'm not so sure that's a good thing. Just kidding. One couple is from the capn's hometown of Sherman, TX. We used to say we did boat work in exotic locations, now I guess I'll do housework instead. By the way, rentals down there are very reasonable as is the cost of living. Come visit us!

3 comments:

Scarlett said...

HEY! WOW! I was jus moaning and whining today about how sick and tired I am of the NW cold! I want to be in Mexico I said! And now we are looking into it! Congrats! Your new place is beautiful! How is the capt these days after that scary situation? I hope all is well!! I would love to come see you!! Ya'll take care!
Scarlett (sailor in training!!!)

FirstMateMary said...

Thank you Scarlett,
Any questions a sailor in training might have are welcome here. You might even convince some other first mates to weigh in. I'm still looking for a solution to my stinky dishrag problem. (Actually, I started soaking them in diluted bleach water or hanging them out in the sun)

Teresa said...

Congratulations you are now the official owner of a beautiful beach house in Chelem. We can't wait until you get here again to spend time together and maybe have a cocktail!