Monday, November 17, 2008

An Island Anthem

I must be getting homesick but at least I 'll be on a plane heading that way tomorrow morning. I'm a huge Jerry Jeff Walker fan and just found this song by him that made me think of down there. For those that don't know, Jerry Jeff is the person that wrote Mr. Bojangles. I just saw him a month or so ago at Red Rocks. Of course, he had that tag-a-long Willie Nelson with him. Click on this.
http://www.intothesouth.com/media_h-i-j/JerryJeffWalker-CowboyBootsAndBathinSuits For some reason this won't come up as a link tonight but I'm tired and have a flight to catch in the am. But please check out the song because to me it is what the islands are all about. I'm going to listen to it one more time. Goodnight!

I freakin' give up!! Just google Jerry Jeff Walker "Cowboy boots and Bathin' suits. It will be worth it. At this point don't make me come after you!


Okay, I tried it again this morning and it decided to work. I don't know why, maybe Blogger was drinking to much Merlot last night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy howdy, isn't that the truth! I love the ending where his wife sings the harmony and when the song is over the audience is just stunned and there's about 5 seconds of silence before the applause starts. Sniff...Dave (Music Man)

FirstMateMary said...

I love my Jerry Jeff. I didn't even know about this song. Finally got on limewire down here on the boat and found it. My connection up in CO is so bad that it's actually better here on the boat. The capn says he just needs to change the lyrics to say "stumbling home underneath the stars". We have plans to go to Sea Spray Marina and resort tonight at White Sound on Elbow Cay, and I told the cap I just don't want to stay out too late and get too drunk. He said, "You'll probably do both"