Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hi guys,
I've jumped ship! But just temporarily. We are taking a short vacation from the boat to visit Jeff's brother in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. We have been having a blast exploring Mexico and I can't wait to tell you about it. If you think there is no more undiscovered beachfront in the Western Hemisphere, you're wrong. We found a place with gorgeous untouched beachfront on the gulf and they are only using it to to beach their fishing boats. Can you believe it? The locals kept asking us how we found the place, at least that's what I think they were saying. We were the only non-Spanish speakers in the whole village.

But before I blog about our trip, one of my new readers, Mike from Ohio, wants to know how we (I'm including the rest of you first mates and captains in this)jumped the hurdles to go cruising. One of his questions is about health insurance and since, as our fellow cruisers in the Abacos know, we had to Med-evac the cap'n out a couple of weeks ago to West Palm for an all-expensive, no frills stay at the elite Good Sam hospital, I have a few suggestions. And I hope we get some suggestions from others. Thanks for getting me back on track, Mike. When I started this blog the purpose was to answer and get suggestions from other first mates but my readers appear to be shy. Now keep in mind, I know quite a few of them and they're not shy at all. I still want to know how to keep my dishrags from stinking to high heaven since I can't just throw them in the wash machine if any of you have a suggestion.

Hopefully, I'll be back chewing your ear off on Monday.

P.S. We really need to import good tortillas to the Bahamas.

No comments: