Saturday, December 27, 2008

First Mate Mary's Peanut Brittle

I took this peanut brittle over to Concerto that night at Grand Cay. I also made it for the Hope Town Christmas Caroling. It is simply the best peanut brittle I've eaten and I'm not just sayin' that because it's mine. I'm sure I stole the recipe from someone but I don't remember who. So whoever it was, Thank You!

FIRST MATE MARY'S
PEANUT BRITTLE


3 c sugar
1 c corn syrup
½ c water
4 Tbsp butter
4c peanuts (I use cocktail or Spanish peanuts)
1tsp salt
2tsp vanilla
2tsp baking soda


Combine sugar, syrup and water and bring to a boil over med-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium and heat to 230 F. Add peanuts and heat to 300 F, stirring constantly. Stir in butter, salt, and vanilla. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda until mixture is foamy. Pour onto buttered cookie sheet. Allow to harden. Crack by banging cookie sheet against a hard surface (like the capn's head).

No comments: